Friday, September 12, 2008

Invisible machinery

A few nights ago, I dreamt I was climbing a ladder from the ground to the sky. In my dream Roland was behind me, and when I looked back down he told me to keep going up and promised he would catch me if I fell. I climbed even higher, but froze with fear. I closed my eyes and hesitated, and when I looked down again Roland was gone. Out of nowhere, I heard a man’s voice say “It’s too late. Everything is different now.” And then I woke up.



What is Saint Clare? I was naive to think it is a refuge from anything. We created a place that connects people, not just dots on a screen. So, like in real life, people and places change and connections grow stronger or weaker and sometimes fade away altogether.

Are the stars on Saint Clare still wanted? Or should we put out every one?

No comments: